Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Lost Arcadia

As I often get on a genealogical stint and go head long into research or writing/discovering, on about a once every 3-6 month basis (with some intervals coming in shorter or longer periods), I wanted to use this as a basis for preserving/keeping up with my notes and stories/pictures without having to trust that I would be at my computer in particular in order to have access to some of the dates or pictures or stories.

To the best of my ability these stories and tales will be based on first hand accounts or facts from records. However, genealogy as with any form of history is, often at best, guess work, and many stories will be pieced together based on stories that I have heard from my grandparents when they were alive or from older aunts & uncles or parents.

A prime example, who will be the victim (um, subject) of many stories & suppositions, is my great- grandfather, Charles Everette Clinton (nee David West/Rowland Wolfe). You know there are questions when we can't even agree on his middle name or the spelling of his second self-chosen middle name. I will end this with a picture of his father & youngest son (my grandfather) with promises to return with stories on each.
Great-great grandpa Reece Beckett Wolfe (Charles/David's father) with whom he shared the profession of being a butcher.

Grandpa/'Pa' Robert Harold Clinton, Sr. (Charles' youngest son & child) at about the age of 16 in 1936.

All for now.
DCC
16 December 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment